On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:20:26AM +0100, robert(a)debian.org wrote:
Yesterday, while updating Polish translations, I noticed that almost all
translations for the po4a-build script had been removed (see the bottom
After some investigation it turned out that this had been caused by
passing the `-L perl' option to xgettext.
I've found some workaround for the problem. The workaround replaces
the usual way of generating po4a.pot file with the following steps:
1. create temporary symlinks (like po4a.TMP.pl pointing to po4a) to let
xgettext guess the language from the extension);
2. generate the POT file;
3. fix locations in the POT file to make it refer to real files, not
the temporary ones;
4. remove the symlinks.
Thanks for noticing.
This sounds hackish, but if it works, please commit.
If it helps, the tools could be renamed to a .pl name and the extension
can be removed during make install.