More unsupported tags:
secondary, tertiary - like primary (translate)
bridgehead - like sectX (indent)
My document contains PIs (Processing Instructions) and po4a-gettextize
../tex-refs/tex-refs.xml:9779:0: Unknown SGML event type:
Line #9779 contains a PI like:
How are these supposed to be handled?
Against my first suggestion:
I'm now convinced that the "keyword" tag should go into "translate".
here are some doubts / little things I've found while messing around with
When adding a new module, one should add the module itself, the tests
about it, modify the test 1 to verify the new module's syntax, and modify
the chooser module to show the new module as available. It would be nice
if those last two things could be automatic. For example adding a new
function on each module that returns its description and a boolean that
tells if it's active or experimental (well, I'm sure you'll find better
ways for doing this :P).
This way, the test1 could test all the active (non-experimental) modules,
and the chooser could get the list of all available modules and their
descriptions without modifying them. This could also enhance the
translation of the list of available formats, because now, each time a new
module appears, the chooser string is modified, and translators have to
translate almost everything again.
(Should I send it as a feature request to alioth?)
The Chooser.pm file header talks about the Pod module and not about
himself. It's only an aesthetic issue :P (I haven't watched the other
I haven't been able to find the main po4a man page, although most of the
other man pages refer to it. Does it exist? Isn't it installed along with
the other ones?
It seems that t/10-data is the same as t/data-10. Could one of them go
Another possible feature request: would it be so difficult to get the
master document (when gettextizing, or translating...) from stdin? This
way, for example as the Dia diagrams are normaly compressed, one could do
gunzip < document.dia | po4a-translate...
And now some personal questions: Is there any way to test the modules
while developing them without doing a make install? I didn't achieve it.
And the last one (for now): How could I see the po4a program translations
in action? (I refer to the french one in the CVS and the spanish I'm
doing). I've tried something like
and things like that, but all appears in english, like before. What am I
That's all. Thanks in advance for your attention. (I hope not to be a pain
with all these things ;)
Finally I decided to give po4a a try to see whether it is usable for my
DocBook XML documents to manage translations.
I fetched a copy of the current CVS tree and tried it on one of my
$ po4a-gettextize -v -f sgml -m ../tex-refs/tex-refs.xml
gives me the following error:
po4a::Sgml: ../tex-refs/tex-refs.xml:57: Unknown tag REVREMARK
This should be easy to fix (if I understand the code): just include
this tag to the "translate" section for the "docbook" prolog.
Let me know how I can help to get a working solution for DocBook XML
documents. I know quite a few of people waiting for a workflow to
manage the translation of their documents.