po4a is currently at version 0.29.
Until now, I always incremented the version number, but maybe we should
think about releasing a major version at some time.
So I would like to know what you would consider as the major features for
a 1.0 release.
I already have some ideas coming from my TODO list:
* Use UTF-8 internally. This should simplify the handling of encoding in
the modules (they currently have no visibility on them currently).
* Implement po4a's core in C (for performances reasons)
(We could support both the Perl and C cores if needed)
* Support for translation database modules (e.g. for XLIFF)
* Support autodetection of addenda during gettextization
* Support for placeholders (e.g. translation of footnotes)
Do you have other ideas?
Any pet format missing?