On Jun 30, 2018, at 7:50, Martin Quinson
I've just released a new version of po4a. That's mostly a bug fixing
release with rather few new features, but the amount of fixed bugs is
impressive. Have a look at the changelog, it's included below.
In a bit more than one month, we got about 140 commits by 11
individuals. Thanks to all of them: it would not have been possible
otherwise. Here is the hall of fame of this release:
5 Allan Nordhøy <epost(a)anotheragency.no>
2 BFG <Tom.Fredrik(a)blenning.no>
52 Dr. Tobias Quathamer <toddy(a)debian.org>
3 Helge Kreutzmann <debian(a)helgefjell.de>
1 Jean-Baptiste <jean-baptiste(a)holcroft.fr>
8 Marco Ciampa <ciampix(a)libero.it>
54 Martin Quinson <martin.quinson(a)ens-rennes.fr>
3 Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff(a)gnome.org>
2 Trần Ngọc Quân <vnwildman(a)gmail.com>
5 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor(a)ukr.net>
6 Zero King <l2dy(a)icloud.com>
Concerning the translations of the program itself, 11 languages are at
100% of completion and 10 others languages are above 90% of
translations. The doc is completely translated in 4 languages and over
90% in 4 other languages. The website is fully translated to 6
languages. Full stats at https://po4a.org/getinvolved.php
Kudos to all translators, too!
I really hope that this is the first release of a long serie of timely
releases. For that to happen, we definitely need your help. po4a is
completely community-based, nowadays. Most of my own contributions are
limited to the integration of other people's contributions.
Please do not hesitate. Jump in, and provide patches :)
Detailled changelog of this release:
* Fix the behavior with utf-8 files, thanks to Zero King (GitHub's #112)
* Add the references from the Yaml file to the po file (GitHub's #117)
Thanks Zero King.
* Fix handling of spaces in menu descriptions (Github's #122 and
* Fix the parsing of fortunes files, which had been broken since
v0.43. The handling has changed a bit, all msgids are now marked as
"no-wrap", because the word wrap in fortunes files usually matters.
* Remove the option for parsing AsciiDoc. There has been a standalone
module for nearly five years, released with v0.45. The AsciiDoc
option for the Text module has been deprecated since then.
* Support pandoc's bibliographic information (title, author, date)
at the beginning of a markdown file. Also fix a trailing newline
in some markdown titles (Debian's #894977).
* Support .MT and .ME macros for e-mail address markup (Debian's #900965).
* Support .OP, .SY, and .YS macros for command synopses.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the asciidoc module to parse correctly four
characters table marks.
* Fix many typos and other issues found by Yuri Chornoivan (GitHub's #104)
and Allan Nordhøy (GitHub's #102) while translating.
* Remove the last references to the alioth servers and mailing lists.
* po4a --keep-translations will not remove your existing translations
if they fall below the threshold. It won't create badly translated
files either. Use it if you prefer outdated but translated doc to
updated but not translated doc.
* Remove it and all related shell scripts and makefile chunks. It is
deprecated by the po4a tool since a long time, and I could not find
any usage of po4a-build either in Debian or using search engines.
* Updated: Ukrainian, thanks Yuri Chornoivan (українська).
* Updated: Portuguese (Brazil), thanks Rafael Fontenelle.
* Updated: German, thanks Helge Kreutzmann.
* Updated: Italian, thanks Marco Ciampa.
* Updated: French, thanks Jean-Baptiste.
* Updated: Vietnamese, thanks to Trần Ngọc Quân.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-- Thomas Edison
Devel mailing list -- devel(a)lists.po4a.org
To unsubscribe send an email to devel-leave(a)lists.po4a.org